A transformative journey through Vietnam and Cambodia. Are you ready to become an impactful leader?
Day 1 :
Arrive in Hanoi
- Welcome with a tour guide at Noi Bai airport and transfer to the hotel for check-in.
- Orientation meeting and introduction to the trip.
- In the evening, walk around the vibrant Old Quarter of Hanoi.
- Visit the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and learn about Vietnam’s history.
- Hanoi food tour and tasting of famous Vietnamese native food seen on CNN by the late celebrity chef Antony Bourdain and the family restaurant where President Obama had a meal.
- Enjoy a Cyclo ride through the streets of the Old French Quarter.
- Visit Peace Village and work in mixed teams of American and Vietnamese groups, engaging in activities with the resident children and creating cross-cultural activities.
- Participate in empathy mapping and activities designed to encourage innovative solutions to Peace Village sustainability issues.
- Enjoy a traditional water puppet show in the evening.
- Fly to Danang.
- Taste local delicacies at the Ancient House.
- Explore the historic attractions along the riverside town with stops at the Quang Cong Temple, Phuoc Kien Pagoda, and Quang Dong Pagoda.
- Evening stroll through the enchanting Ancient Town of Hoi An.
- Experience traditional net fishing with local fishermen.
- Paddle a Vietnamese bamboo basket boat.
- Enjoy a traditional lunch with a local family.
- Optional visit to a local tailor for custom-made clothing or visit a spa.
- Immerse yourself with local farmers.
- Reward yourself with a herbal foot massage (Bonus).
- Learn how to cook local dishes such as Tam Huu Spring Roll, Banh Xeo, or the local pancake of the people from the middle region.
- Private transportation from the airport in Da Nang to your hotel with a local guide.
- Arrive at the hotel and spa in Siem Reap for a relaxing time.
- Evening visit to the vibrant Pub Street for dinner and exploration.
- Early arrival and explore the magnificent Angkor Wat temple complex, the largest religious monument in the world.
- Optional visit to Bayon and Ta Prohm (Temples).
- Enjoy a panoramic sunset view at Phnom Bakheng.
Day 9 :
Siem Reap - Community Engagement
- Engage in a community service project working with local non-profit organizations.
- Interact with Cambodian students and participate in cultural exchange activities.
- Experience an evening traditional dance performance.
Day 10 :
Orphanage visit - First Day
- Start the 3-day visit and experience learning at the Orphanage.
- Group introduction; icebreaker activities; and tour of the school.
- Groundbreaking ceremony for the well at the Orphanage (photos and speeches).
- Lunch with the students.
- Conduct Chinese/English language classes for different age groups.
- Students give a Ted Talk-style presentation about how they overcome life obstacles.
- Renew tables or chairs and paint the class walls. New project to make some new student tables, including farming activities and planting vegetables to support the center.
- Follow the students to the rice field for sunset and Ox-cart riding.
Day 12 :
Orphanage visit - Third Day
- A birthday party for everyone so the children can celebrate their birth.
- Celebration of the completion of the well.
- The local villagers give souvenirs to travellers for the memorable time together.
Day 13 :
Siem Reap - Phnom Penh
- Travel to Phnom Penh, the capital of Cambodia.
- Optional visit to the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and the Killing Fields to learn about Cambodia’s tragic history.
- Sunset boat cruise on the Mekong River.
Day 14 :
Phnom Penh Cultural Exploration
- Explore the Royal Palace and the Silver Pagoda.
- Visit the National Museum to learn about Khmer art and history.
- Optional luxury spa for massages (parents).
Day 15 :
Siem Reap Departure
- Reflective and farewell breakfast, relax at the hotel and prepare to be transferred to your next impactful destination.