Our hearts are saddened by the Ukrainian refugee situation. This is certainly not the way we envisioned travel should be like. I know many of our like-minded travelers are passionate about social impact and helping others. Here is a list of suggestions that you can use to help the refugees:
- Book AirBnB stays in Ukraine
- United MileagePlus members can donate money or their miles to the airline’s relief partners, which include the American Red Cross, Airlink, Americares, and World Central Kitchen
- Donate American Express points. There are numerous Ukrainian causes that you can donate to via JustGiving, but to use your Membership Rewards points, the charity has to be U.S.-based
- Donate Hilton Honors points, starting at just 4,000 points (which converts to a $10 donation that Hilton Honors will send)
- Donate Delta SkyMiles
- Donate JetBlue points
- Donate IHG points
- Intrepid Travel’s nonprofit, the Intrepid Foundation, has begun a fundraising campaign with the Australian Red Cross, providing an initial $50,000 donation and covering all administrative costs, so 100 percent of its donations received goes directly to aid Ukrainian refugees.
- Bring extra clothing to donate when you travel to Europe.